Skip to content
- Fort Erie Durez Plant won OxyChem worldwide environmental award of excellence – Top plant in the world out of 40.
- 60% reduction in Phenol liquid waste disposal achieved due to implementing recycling process.
- Reduction of 50% in solid waste to landfill compared to 1993.
- Reduction of 75% in water usage compared with 1993.
- Two plants installing air emission filters and scrubbers to reduce organic emissions by 90 % and 25 %.
- Switched packaging from non-returnable boxes that had to be land filled to returnable containers.
- Switched from drums to bulk storage to eliminate drum usage.
- On-site resin holding ponds decommissioned and site remediation completed at a cost of two million dollars.
- 76% reduction in VCM emissions to air achieved
- Reduced chemical wastes to landfill by 69% from 1995 to 1999.
- Chemical Emission and Waste Data is presented annually to the community.
- Chemical transfer stations installed with fume recovery systems to eliminate any effect on the environment.
- Improved water effluent monitoring system.
- Two heat reclaim projects reducing greenhouse gases by 11%.
- Built new building to store raw material drums and tote bins to protect soil and groundwater in event of a leak. Cost $150,000.
- Raw material bulk storage facilities installed at cost of $225,000 to eliminate used bags being sent to landfill. Landfill reduced approximately 25,000 lb. per year and safety improved by eliminating handling of 50-pound bags.
- Water re-use projects are in the design phase to reduce water consumption by 25%.