Kemira Chemicals Canada Inc.
- Built in 1927 to supply the large textile Centres of Hamilton, Galt and Hespler.
- The plant started as Scholler brothers.
- In 1980 was acquired by colloids of Canada.
- In 1989 was acquired by Rhône-Poulenc.
- In 1998 was acquired by Vinings Industries inc.
- In 2002 was acquired by Kemira chemicals Canada inc.
- The plant has had several expansions:
- Pulp & paper, paint defoamers.
- High heat intermediates.
- Sizing agents for the pulp & paper industry.
- Produces defoamers & water soluble polymers for the pulp and paper industry, defoamers for the coatings industry and textile finishing agents used as processing aids.
- The plant employs a total of 22 people.